The Bilingual Talent Acquisition Specialist is primarily responsible for performing all aspects of recruitment and staffing for the organization.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Acquisition Specialist must be prepared to work independently and as part of a team in areas of recruiting and human resources.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruiting: Advertising and soliciting resumes from qualified candidates; coordinating and attending career fairs across Canada; screening resumes and applications for suitability; conducting initial screening interviews, both telephone and personal; making hiring recommendations based upon the eligibility criteria provided.
- Marketing/Advertising: Increasing the BGIS brand to reach a broader and wider market of candidates; Finding new, innovating and creative ways to make BGIS an appealing and desirable company to work for, especially outside of our immediate industry.
- Works with the Human Resources Director and Human Resources Business Partners to ensure that BGIS conforms to government and regulatory hiring and employee management practices; Handling some administrative duties related to hiring.
- Maintains an updated matrix of qualified and potential candidates.
- Ensure effective and fast recruitment processes both internally and externally.
- Responsible for providing current recruitment knowledge and trends within the market.
- Works closely with HRB’s to identify and make recommendations to recruitment needs.
- Suggests proper channels for approaching the right caliber candidates, asset if staffed for Project Management positions
- Follows-up and coordinates with recruitment channels.
- Execute pre-screening and/or final phone/face to face interviews for junior & mid level posts & supports all parties in concern with assessment.
- Coordinate with universities and industry associations in relation to targeted hires
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition Coordinator to ensure jobs are being reviewed; resumes are being sourced through various recruitment channels.
- Support HRBs with weekly update on recruitment progress.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION: University graduation or professional certification (e.g. P. Eng, CMA, CGA or equivalent courses)
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than three years up to five years
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in recruitment or a related field with a proven track record of success.
- Broad knowledge of current and cutting edge recruitment trends and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal Employment Equity legislation.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both official languages
- Computer literacy, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience with Applicant Tracking tools (ideally, Taleo ATS).
- Exceptional work ethic, energetic, with strong values and principles,
- Good team player but able to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and accommodating and able to go above and beyond the basic expectations when required.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Absolute commitment to customer services.
- And most importantly, must have a good sense of humour!
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- CHRP would be considered an asset