The only public organization for emergency pre-hospital services in Quebec, Urgences-santé serves the islands of Montreal and Laval, which have the highest population density in the province with 2.4 million people. The organization is made up of approximately 1,400 employees spread over 3 sites. On its own, Urgences-santé handles more than a third of all emergency calls in Quebec.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Manager, Employee Relations, the Human Resources Management Advisor provides professional services and primarily ensures the proper functioning of the Labor Relations activities. This person provides advice and expertise to managers and the Management Consulting Service and acts as a representative of the Corporation d'urgences-santé with union representatives.
More specifically, but not limited to, the main challenges are:
- Plan, develop, implement human resource and labor relations strategies in accordance with organizational values, policies, programs and procedures to meet the organization's needs with respect to relates to human resources;
- Provide advice and expertise regarding the provisions of a collective agreement, a labor law or a work agreement;
- Participate in the negotiation of collective agreements on behalf of the Corporation d'urgences-santé;
- Act as a representative of the Corporation d'urgences-santé with union representatives;
- Assist and advise managers on the management of labor relations grievances and provide them with information on the interpretation of human resources policies such as compensation, benefit plans and collective agreements;
- To draft specific and general agreements after having obtained, from his immediate superior, the required mandates, if any;
- Write letters and other documents related to disciplinary and administrative management.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations or other relevant discipline, such as law;
- Three (3) years in a position of Human Resources Advisor whose main responsibilities relate to labor relations;
- Have a customer-oriented consulting approach;
- Excellent listening and written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Team spirit;
- Excellent knowledge of the French language and familiarity with English;
- Mastery of Word and Excel software;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks at the same time;
- Rigor and attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of labor relations legislation;
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive situations.
Working conditions and remuneration
- Work schedule of 35 hours per week;
- Contribution to the Government and Public Employees Retirement Plan (RREGOP);
- Life insurance, health insurance and salary insurance plans;
- 13 paid holidays and 9.6 days of sick leave per year;
- 20 days vacation after one year worked in the reference period;
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Physical Fitness Reimbursement Program and Physical Health Prevention Program.
Compensation: $ 44,269 to $ 82,329 depending on experience
To apply, you must send us your resume and cover letter, specifying the title of this posting, by email to:
The Health Emergency Corporation operates an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply. They can also tell us about their particular needs with respect to the job they are applying to facilitate their application. Rest assured that we will treat this information in a confidential manner. For a diploma obtained outside Quebec, we require the comparative evaluation of the studies issued by the Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion. In addition, we also consider the experiences acquired outside Quebec. We will only contact those selected for the screening process.