Specialist Training and Development
Our client, the world leader in the energy sector, is currently looking for a Training and Development Specialist for its offices east of Montreal.
The Training and Development Specialist will be responsible for training programs and processes for Canadian logistics sites in accordance with the various requirements; corporate, regulatory, operational, budgetary and professional. He will be in charge of developing and maintaining the essential skills to achieve the strategic objectives whose priority is the protection of health, the safety of people, facilities, the public, as well as the environment.
- Develop and update various training programs such as; Welcome and Integration, Operational, ESS and Emergency Response.
- Keep the training matrix up-to-date, which includes defining skill profiles by job category.
- Collect and analyze training needs, define project schedule and coordinate subsequent steps such as; content acquisition, planning, dissemination, evaluation of effectiveness and participant appreciation.
- Develop, adapt and coordinate as necessary the creation of training materials from internal and / or external sources.
- Perform optimal planning of training activities in harmony with operations and different work schedules.
- Develop and manage the employee progression program in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Participate in evaluating the progress of operators and maintenance technicians and recommend corrective action plans as needed.
- Maintain rigorously the internal system supporting the training especially for; planning, documenting and distributing content.
- Provide support and guidance to managers and employees for individual training needs.
- Periodically validate the learning objectives and effectiveness of the training through audits and make recommendations for improvement.
- Produce reports and maintain performance indicators for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the application of best practices in his area of expertise.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (Administration, Engineering, HR etc.) or College diploma in a relevant technical field combined with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- 5 years of minimum experience in a related operational area;
- Rigor and communication skills;
- Synthetic thinking and analytical skills;
- Bilingualism in oral and written form (French and English);
- Be able to work with the Office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Good knowledge of industry standards and regulations for HSE.
Do you fit this description? So apply now by sending your application to the attention of Jérémy Muller to