For its human resources department, Ville de Laval is looking for exceptional, talented people with their heads full of ideas to act as:
CONSULTANTS (ERES ) PRINCIPAL (ALES) IN ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
3 POSTS (including teleworking)
1 new permanent post
1 new temporary position 3 years with social benefits
1 temporary position 1 year, replacement of maternity leave
The Human Resources Department pursues its vision of act as a strategic partner and facilitator of change by developing HR solutions allowing the City to fully assume its mission of serving citizens well. In pursuit of the City's organizational transformation, aimed at the implementation of best practices, he wants to join new experts in organizational development (OD) who will work on large-scale projects with high impact. Are you ready to join a team of OD leaders?
The challenges ahead:
Reporting to the Division Manager - Organizational Development, you act as an OD expert within important and stimulating projects related to the City's strategic planning. You play a strategic advisory role with members of general management, departmental departments and managers, in order to support them in the exercise of their role. You also work with various teams in transformation in order to bring out innovative solutions where citizen experience, employee experience and organizational performance play a central role in your support.
Through reflections strategic, diagnostics, strategies, recommendations, coaching, change management plans and communications, you develop and implement tailor-made solutions in line with the needs of projects and partners, with regard to human issues . On the lookout for best practices and the latest trends in OD, your areas of intervention will be oriented mainly in terms of employee experience, management practices, change management, performance management, mobilization and of recognition, in a unionized environment. Finally, you participate in enriching current OD approaches and tools to optimize their effectiveness and efficiency.
The profile sought:
- Have a university education in a relevant field, ideally at the 2nd cycle;
- Have a minimum of 7 years of experience in organizational development, part of which acquired within projects large-scale;
- Have an expertise that allows you to know the trends and best practices in organizational development;
- Have a good understanding of project management (phases and tools);
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, in addition to being a team person;
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a critical sense and a very good capacity for influence;
- Be creative and innovative to dare to do things differently;
- Have a great sense of listening and oral / written communication and animation skills;
- Demonstrate great autonomy and flexibility to be able to work in contexts requiring agility;
- Be oriented towards results and customer service;
- Have an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Be a member of the Order of Resource Advisorscertified human resources (CRHA) and having knowledge of the municipal environment will be considered assets.
What we offer you:
Choosing the City of Laval means working for the third largest city in Quebec. For this position, you will have competitive working conditions and benefits.
You will work in collaboration with dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary framework.
Ville de Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Rethink Laval initiative, which made it possible to develop our city’s strategic vision: Urban by nature in 2035 . This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today. Working at Ville de Laval means believing in this vision. It means putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It's about being around dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, be part of the change!
Apply by March 6, 2021 by going to:
The City of Laval applies an access program to the equality in employment. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.