Who are we?
The École de technologie supérieure is an establishment of the University of Quebec offering bachelor's, master's and doctorate programs in engineering. Located in Griffintown, at the junction of Old Montreal and downtown, within walking distance of the metro and Lucien-Lallier and Bonaventure stations, ÉTS offers, in addition to a competitive salary and a generous pension fund, several advantages :
- Group insurance;
- Up to 21 days of vacation per year;
- 4-day schedule in summer;
- Privileged access to its sports center located on campus or on site;
- Public transport incentive program (discount equivalent to 3 months on the annual subscription);
- Competitively priced car and bicycle parking;
- Access to the School's various corporate agreements;
- CPE on site, and many other benefits.
The Senior Labor Relations Advisor provides senior management and managers with support and advice on labor relations (analysis, advice, interpretation and application of agreements collective agreements, protocols or contracts and labor laws). She or he provides assistance in the development, application and implementation of labor relations policies and programs.
- In collaboration with the management team and HR partners, develops and offers proactive strategies and interventions to managers and employees in the different areas of HR expertise, such as: labor relations, performance management, change management, etc. Supports managers and the various stakeholders in the implementation and monitoring of interventions, in the application of collective agreements, in the management of cases of chronic absenteeism or attendance difficulties and in the management of disciplinary and administrative files .
- Assists, supports and advises general management during the renewal of collective agreements and protocols. Develops and drafts texts of collective agreements, protocols, agreements or other types of contracts for all of the School's staff. Ensures the implementation of working conditions after they have been agreed and the development of related operational processes.
- In collaboration with HR partners, recommends and implements preventive measures with regard to the work climate. Advises managers on labor relations in order to maintain a positive work climate and optimize the performance of individuals and groups, in particular by promoting the rapid and effective resolution of labor relations problems. Analyzes contentious situations and recommends appropriate interventions (crisis management, disciplinary and administrative investigations, harassment complaints, etc.).
- Interprets and ensures consistent application policies, regulations, directives relating to labor relations, collective labor agreements, protocols establishing working conditions, individual contracts of employment and labor laws, in accordance with the rules of its discipline and applicable case law , and this, in the spirit of the mission, practices and policies of human resources management. In this context, acts as a trainer for managers and HR partners.
- Analyzes, prepares and gives opinions, gives opinions in order to advise the Management andmanagers on the application and interpretation of collective labor agreements, protocols establishing working conditions, employment contracts or any other labor law issues.
- Acts as the employer's representative on joint committees, labor relations committees and during conciliation, mediation and arbitration processes and where appropriate before administrative bodies / tribunals.
- Leads the disciplinary and grievance management processes for files under his / her responsibility.
Do you have what it takes to meet the challenge?
- Bachelor's degree in industrial relations, law or other relevant training.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience as a professional in labor relations in a unionized environment.
- Excellent knowledge of labor law laws.
- Very good habi Negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety laws and regulations (an asset).
- Great capacity for analyst and synthesis.
- Aptitudes for teamwork.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Focused on action and results.
- Excellent sense of organization.
- Ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary and institutional environment.
- Member of the order of advisers in human resources would be an asset.
C employment category : Professional Administrative Staff
Employment status : Temporary - 3 years
Post number : 20-21 / 087
Class / Salary : According to the salary scales in force
Service : Human resources service
Duration and Schedule : 35 hrs / week, Monday to Friday
Beginning of mandate : As soon as possible
Deadline to apply : October 18, 2020, at 5 p.m.