For its Human Resources department, the Ville de Laval is looking for:
PRINCIPAL ADVISORS (ALES) IN CHANGE MANAGEMENT
4 NEW TEMPORARY POSITIONS - 3 YEAR MANDATE
(Including social benefits and teleworking)
The Human Resources Department pursues its vision / mission and acts as a strategic partner with municipal services. In pursuit of the implementation of best practices, he wishes to join new change management experts to intervene in the strategic and operational plans of various large-scale projects. Are you ready to become a leader in change management?
The challenges ahead:
Reporting to the Division Manager - Organizational Development, you act as a change management expert mainly dedicated to one or more large-scale projects of our clients. As such, you are part of the project team and act in close collaboration with the project manager (s) with whom you will be matched.
To properly support the client (s) (s), you play an advisory role with the various teams of the service (s) to properly position change management and make it dynamic in the field. In order to influence and mobilize a critical mass of people and move them towards a common goal, you:
- Establish and recommend change management directions, strategies and plans for different projects, depending on human needs and issues;
- carry out various needs analyzes (communication / training) and evaluations to define, among other things, the parties stakeholders, their concerns, impacts, risks, project implementation capacity and that of people to adapt to changes;
- identify areas of intervention, propose appropriate solutions, plan and organize support activities in terms of communication / training adapted in the field and make the necessary adjustments to help solve the human issues generated by the transformation;
- sit on committees and lead meetings of all types (workshops / work sessions l, balance sheets,
post-mortem…) with stakeholders from various hierarchical levels;
- write various mobilizing communications for stakeholders;
- establish relationships of trust with the various teams of the Human Resources Department;
- define and put in place measures / indicators to monitor the work and assess the adherence of stakeholders.
The profile sought:
- Have a university education in a relevant field , ideally at the 2nd cycle;
- Have a minimum of 7 years of experience in change management and recognized expertise acquired within large-scale projects;
- Have a good understanding project management (phases and tools);
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a capacity for notable influence;
- Be open and excellent interpersonal skills, in addition to being a team person;
- Have a great sense of listening and great skills in terms of oral / written communication;
- Demonstrate great autonomy and flexibility to be able to work in contexts requiring agility;
- Be results oriented and customer service oriented;
- Have an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Have knowledge of the municipal environmentwill be considered an asset.
What we offer you:
Choose the City of Laval, c You work for the third largest city in Quebec, for this position you will have competitive working conditions and benefits.
You will work in collaboration with partners and colleagues dynamic, in a multidisciplinary framework.
Ville de Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Rethinking Laval initiative, which made it possible to develop our city’s strategic vision: Urban by nature in 2035 . This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today. Working at Ville de Laval means believing in this vision. It means putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It's about being around dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, be part of the change!
Apply by March 6, 2021 by going to:
Ville de Laval applies a program of equal access to employment. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.