Come make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects favoring the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Human Resources Department, the City of Laval is looking for a:
MAIN ADVISER - INVALIDITY MANAGEMENT
Ville de Laval is undergoing an unprecedented transformation and continues to implement best practices to continue to build a culture of workplace health and safety in municipal services.
Are you ready to become one of the leaders in this transformation?
The challenges ahead:
Reporting to the Branch, you develop, implement and monitor a corporate health program, manage the Occupational Health Office team, oversee the management of disability and accident disability records work with external partners (insurers, EAP, etc.). As such, you will participate in the establishment of the orientations, objectives and programs of your service with regard to your field of expertise and the development of the annual objectives of your group, according to the main orientations of the service. Results-oriented, you will be responsible for developing, recommending and implementing different intervention strategies to increase employees' work presence.
You will implement best management practices to increase employees' work presence in an optimal setting. Your main responsibilities will be:
- develop different prevention and wellness strategies at work;
- develop and implement short-term and annual action plans to ensure and optimize interventions in your area of expertise;
- develop and disseminate trainings, workshops and coaching offers on different topics in your field of expertise;
- advise the management, managers and staff of the various municipal departments on disability management and occupational health.
As a member of the Service's management team, you will collaborate on its operation and contribute to the achievement of its objectives. You will participate in the assessment of the human, material and financial resources required for the smooth running of the activities for which you are responsible and will manage the budgets available to you. You will submit detailed reports and may be required to make presentations about the activities for which you are responsible.
The profile you are looking for:
· Possess a bachelor's degree in human resources management, administration or other relevant field or a bachelor's degree in nursing or health sciences;
· Possession of a bachelor's degree in disability management would be an asset;
· Have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience;
· Have experience in team supervision;
- Proficiency in oral and written French;
- Personal and professional qualities specific to the job, including rigor and discretion,a good mind of analysis and judgment.
- Strong skills for teamwork and the development of trusted interpersonal relationships;
- Customer Service and Timeliness.
What we offer:
Choosing Ville de Laval means working for the third largest city in Quebec, for this position you will have competitive working conditions and benefits.
You will work in collaboration with dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary setting with a wide variety of fields of employment - police, firefighter, public works, among others.
The City of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This evolution brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval initiative, which helped develop the strategic vision of our city: urban by nature in 2035. This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today. Working at the Ville de Laval is believing in this vision. It is putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It's working alongside dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in the change!
Apply online by April 18, 2019
by going to.
The City of Laval operates an Equal Opportunity Employment Program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply.
LINK TO POST: ..