This large international law firm in downtown Montreal is looking for an assistant to join their human resources department.
· Ensure the administration of employee files in the HRIS (UltiPro);
· Liaise between the payroll department located in the Toronto office and the Montreal office for all matters relating to payroll and benefits;
· Write certain internal human resources communications (e.g., job confirmation letters, announcements to employees and others);
· Compile and send to payroll claims for wellness and fitness expenses;
· Perform the filing of employee files in our document management system;
· Enter daily absences into our HR system (HRIS);
· Process criminal background checks on new hires;
· Send to the firm's management information relating to the occupancy rate of the Montreal office;
· Respond to employee requests (e.g. HR questions, password reset in HRIS, etc.);
· Process various invoices (e.g. gift baskets, flowers, recruitment agencies, etc.)
· Participate in the annual employee performance appraisal process;
· Prepare and maintain different Excel files (e.g. various reports, tracking files, calendars, birthday list, Covid-19 case register and others);
· Plan and coordinate language courses;
· Participate in the coordination of various special events (employee appreciation week, vaccination campaign, Christmas gifts, health week, etc.).
· Diploma of college studies in administration, human resources or equivalent;
· 1 to 2 years of relevant experience (in HR) in a professional environment;
· Experience in a legal environment (an asset);
· Mastery of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
· Experience with an HRIS (an asset);
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in both official languages (English and French);
· Great organizational, time and priority management skills;
· Reliability, professionalism, autonomy, team spirit and discretion;
· Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously, often with tight deadlines.
Do you like human resources and diverse tasks? Send us your application without further delay!
As an equal opportunity employer, Personnel Alter Ego values diversity in its workforce and seeks to ensure all groups remain fairly represented. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Canada.