The Human Resources Department - Talent Acquisition Division seeks to add a (E):
City of Laval, as part of its "urban nature" strategic plan, is more committed than ever to increase the efficiency of the organization by modernization processes and integrated project management. One of the intervention strategies to achieve this is to bet on a successful workforce and mobilized to meet the scalable needs of the organization.
This is where the vision and the Mission of the Talent Acquisition Division takes all its meaning. Indeed, we aim to be a proactive and modern team, to develop our control of advanced technologies and to implement innovative practices to be recognized as a strategic player in the acquisition and mobility of a competent workforce , mobilized and diversified.
By joining our team, you will support our mission to accompany the organization to provide the positions to allow the various services and offices of the city of Laval to reach their strategic targets. In addition, you will see to contribute to the career progression of the employees by promoting their mobility within the organization. Finally, you will develop and apply guidance, policies, programs and tools to implement the best practices in talent acquisition, together with business partners, managers and our administrative team.
Browse from the Talent Acquisition Consultant, you will be called to support talent acquisition counselors in the selection processes.
More specifically, you:
- Prepare the extensions for the external recruitment processes;
- participate in the analysis of applications;
- Create and / or put up-to-date selection tools (interview questionnaires, evaluation grid, etc.);
- Perform telephone interviews;
- Plan the interview schedules as well as realize Interviews for different types of positions and domains of employment;
- Plan, coordinate and track preparation checks OI, potential assessments, safe surveys, etc.
- Perform the necessary follow-ups from candidates who participated in a recruitment process as well as present the job offer to the successful candidate;
- Schedule and coordinate the administration of the different selection mechanisms in the internal display frame. You do the necessary follow-ups and compile the results;
- Make sure to budget monitoring of service agreements with different suppliers;
- participate in high volume recruitment processes (police officer, firefighter, between others) by actively collaborating in the organization and the course of activities;
- participate, as representative of the city of Laval, to different career events.
The desired profile
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations or Business Administration, Profile Human Resources Management;
- three (3) years of relevant experience;
- own an excellent team spirit and be customer-oriented;
- show a Good analysis capacity;
- be autonomous and rigorous;
- Know how to adapt quickly to the changes;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- to be a member of the CRHA Order (aAsset);
- Excellent skills to communicate in French so verbally and in writing.
Here's what we offer:
- work in collaboration with dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary framework within the third largest city in Quebec;
- be part of a large talent acquisition team (25 people) and the opportunity to work with a wide variety of fields of employment - police, firefighter, engineering, computer science, legal affairs, procurement, urban planning, public works, among others.
The city of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, companies and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval approach, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban nature in 2035 . This vision is the compass which today guides the development of Laval. Working in the city of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas for the citizen service. It's you dedicated and shaping the present to build the future.
you too, take part in the change! Apply by May 21, 2021
by going to:
The city of Laval applies a program of Access to equality employed. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For them, do not hesitate to share special arrangements. necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process.