(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As a procurement advisor, consultant acquisition, you help finalize contractual agreements with the organization’s partners for the purchase and rental of goods and services. Your responsibilities may include one or more sub-specialties, such as the strategic sourcing and procurement of goods and services, asset management, contract and partnership management, inventory and restocking, outsourced service management, and governance.You advise and assist clients and partners on important development projects and initiatives. You propose solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems requiring comprehensive analysis and knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields.You liaise with external partners and providers and help establish business relationships and partnerships.
More specifically, you will coordinate and manage the acquisition process for backup resources (consultants) for the Desjardins clientele, including managers in IT and other business sectors. You will fulfil this task in accordance with senior management’s and Strategic Procurement’s objectives and vision. You will also serve as a specialized consultant to clients for all matters concerning the consulting market and internal management.
- Evaluate your clientele’s needs in order to recommend the best strategies for hiring consultants.
- Manage market requests with external suppliers
- Analyze applications submitted by suppliers and make appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate hiring conditions (rates and specific clauses).
- Remain involved throughout the consultants’ life cycle at Desjardins: reassignments, extensions, rate increase requests, mandate expirations and other issues.
- Ensure oversight with clients with a view to evaluating supplier performance.
- Collaborate in mandates and projects with expert advisors in procurement strategy development, implementation and updates.
- Develop various analysis tools to facilitate savings.
- Collaborate in market monitoring activities to identify and disseminate best practices in professional services procurement.
- Negotiate and conclude quality commercial agreements at the best possible cost, within your delegated scope or in collaboration with expert advisors.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Levis, depending on the candidate’s preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience in resource recruitment or in managing professional services suppliers
- Experience at a recruitment firm (an asset)
- Experience in IT recruitment (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Detailed and up-to-date knowledge of the consulting industry and related issues
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Business insight, Communicates effectively, Complexity, Customer focus, Decision quality, Drive results, Ensures accountability, Interpersonal Savvy, Persuades
Complexe Desjardins Montréal