Position Summary: Reporting to the COO, this position is responsible for maintaining a highly responsive, highly accountable and service oriented, confidential people management approach.
Core Responsibilities: The role is also responsible for the smooth, safe, and efficient office management and facilities maintenance.
- Develop creative and effective recruiting strategies to attract diverse people with lived experience while always integrating diversity and inclusion into recruiting efforts.
- Manage employment postings and hiring efforts including screening calls prior to interviews while ensuring consistency in hiring processes.
- Oversee and maintain the onboarding process, develop proper tools, ensure they are used efficiently and support hiring managers to successfully on-board their new hire.
- Participate in developing compelling job postings/organizational materials to help potential candidates understand the Foundation, its history, culture, values, vision, and impact.
- Manage and maintain job d
Benefits Management//Policies/Labour Relations
- Assist in benefit plan design, selection of vendors and overall structure of designated benefits offered. Ensure vendors are meeting contractual service level requirements and performance guarantees. Conduct Request for Proposal (RFP) process when required.
- Coordinate and monitor the administration of all compensation and benefit programs.
- Conduct annual benefits and salary benchmarking research.
- Manage the regular pay equity compliance exercise.
- Manage approved leaves, secondments, sabbaticals and related policies.
- Maintain Employee Handbook and ensure policies are reviewed regularly. Participate in policy drafting and staff training while staying abreast of progressive policy trends.
- Review and update Foundation time-off/time in lieu policies and procedures to ensure they are administered in compliance.
- Ensure legislation requirements for Quebec (and in provinces with remote staff) are in place and polices are current and updated. Advise COO on reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Counsel management and resolve employee relations issues in the day-to-day. Participate in employee investigations and ensure appropriate outcomes and follow-up.
- Ensure employees are adhering to the Foundation Code of Conduct and where necessary initiating training/knowledge sharing sessions to educate/refresh everyone on ethical practices and ways of operating professionally within the workplace.
- Communicate any payroll related changes to the Finance team in a timely manner. Work with COO and Director of Finance to process annual salary letters.
- Maintain confidential staff files.
Professional Development/Recognition Programs
- Coordinate and administer the Performance Management Program which includes identifying and developing key employees to meet management objectives. Partner with leaders to identify success for critical roles and build development plans to ensure candidate readiness.
- Develop and track organizational and Individual Training objectives and investments.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of non-monetary recognition and appreciation methods.
- Maintain the annual Appreciation Review process.
- Identify and diagnose people and organizational issues, and partner with the COO to implement solutions.
- Implement staff engagement survey.
- Assess culture and develop action plans to ensure a positive and engaging workplace. Connect with our employees to understand how to build organizational capability and engagement.
- Chair internal Committee related to Culture and Wellness. Manage wellness programs, events, and activities with the goal of improving the physical and mental health of employees using preventive means.
- Help develop organizational HR values and ensure they are visible in our policies and procedures.
- Draft and maintain a Talent Management Dashboard including metrics on recruiting, succession, retention, diversity, equity and inclusion and progress on talent objectives. Measure against sector benchmarks with the aim to be a best in class purpose driven employer.
- Create regular presentations and reports on metrics, such as turnover rates, retention rates, disability rosters, staff demographics and more.
- Implement people and culture related technology transformation.
Facilities & Office Management:
- Manage the health, safety and security of the office space including building and office access as well as seating charts.
- Develop a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Maintain regular contact with the landlord; communicate relevant information to staff.
- Ensure correspondence is controlled and distributed, filing systems are designed, maintained, and archived regularly.
Prepare shipping documents and arranges for courier services for Office Management related purposes.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory, ensure supplies are replenished within budget and in line with sustainable development goals.
- Maintain a thorough inventory of all art pieces including regular evaluation updates. Ensure proper insurance policies are in place.
- Prepare office management budget for approval.
Position Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- 5-7 years of relevant Human Resources experience. Benefits experience required.
- Knowledge of the principles of human resources, labor law, labor relations, health and safety, compensation and benefits, diversity, equity and inclusion, talent acquisition and development
- Experience in handling investigations and employee relations issues
- Experience and passion for building a values-driven culture
- Fluent in French/English
- Member of CHRP/CRHA an asset
Professional Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and adaptability skills
- High-level of discretion and handling of confidential information
- Demonstrate integrity and a flawless sense of ethics
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute assigned projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for talent development and training with a desire to bring out the best in others
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Demonstrates behaviors in line with Foundation values and mission.
Type of employment: Full-time
To apply: Please send an updated CV and a letter of intent to
Due date for applications is: September 8, 2021