Non-unionized position - Competition no 3283-A
Regular full-time position
Detailed description of the duties of the position (for information only)
The payroll specialist analyzes, processes and coordinates the activities of the payroll process. He oversees accountability activities with various government organizations and partners for group insurance and pension plans. He ensures that the information presented is reliable and in compliance with laws, standards, government requirements, collective agreements and work protocols.
The payroll specialist performs some or all of the following functions:
- Coordinates the work and ensures the smooth running of operations relating to payroll processing by ensuring its compliance with the laws, standards and labor policies in force. Ensures that the appropriate remittances are made according to the agreements with the governments and the various partners;
- Ensures the reliability and validity of the data entered in terms of social benefits and various deductions;
- Establishes and updates the deadlines for the various steps to be followed and coordinates the operations to be carried out during the end of calendar and financial year periods;
- Prepares and updates the slips of 'taxes and ensures their availability online, where applicable, prints them and sends them to the persons concerned. Transmits slips online to governments and communicates with them to reconcile any discrepancies that have arisen during the year;
- Prepares and submits reports required by government agencies and various stakeholders in accordance with established deadlines and laws in force through different mediums required by different ministries. Assists auditors in their audit mandate;
- Acts as a reference and responds to various requests for information concerning the tax aspects of payroll. Responds to inquiries and comments relating to salary processing, personal income taxes, and benefits paid, all in compliance with applicable legal requirements. If necessary, refers requests to specialized resources;
- Keeps a watch on changes and novelties relating to legislation related to wages and benefits. Ensures the implementation of the required modifications, as well as changes related to fringe benefits, in order to apply them to employee payroll and integrate them into the payroll system and the processes in place;
- Participate in meetings, discussion groups or information exchange forums. Consults documentation, specialized journals and participates in training and information activities such as conferences, exhibitions and advanced courses;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of procedures and tools necessary for carrying out the activities of its sector. Informs the people concerned of the problems that interfere with the smooth running of the activities and makes recommendations;
- May be called upon to coordinate and distribute the work of the members of his team and verify its execution;
- May be called upon to initiate work and support new staff in his unit or persons occupying the same function;
- Uses software relevant to his field of activity;
- Uses various devices such as photocopier,scanner, fax, etc .;
- May perform the duties of a related position or lower, when required.
The above list includes duties and responsibilities of the employment body. This is not a complete and detailed list of tasks and responsibilities likely to be performed by professionals within the framework of this employment group.
Education: Undergraduate university degree in an appropriate field of specialization, particularly in business administration or accounting sciences.
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience.
Other: In-depth knowledge of payroll laws. Able to establish and maintain relationships of trust with various stakeholders. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Has good analytical and synthesis skills. ORHRI member (an asset) or CPA member (an asset).
Group - professional: Level 7
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
35 hours / week
Salary: from $ 51,376 to $ 93,103 / annual basis
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please send your application before 5 p.m. on March 8, 2021.
Only applications submitted on the UQTR job vacancies site will be considered.
See our website for full descriptions and application details at
The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) is a young university with a human dimension firmly established in its community and resolutely connected to the scientific world. With more than 280 programs, some of which are exclusive to Quebec and Canada, UQTR stands out thanks to the dynamism of its community and the expertise of its faculty.
We subscribe to a program of equal access and we encourage women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made available to people with disabilities based on their need. Priority will, however, be given to persons with Canadian citizen or permanent resident status. The use of the masculine in the text, in accordance with custom, is intended only for its stylistic lightening.