For its human resources service, the city of Laval is looking for a:
Advisor to health and safety at work
The city of Laval experiences an unprecedented transformation and continues to establish best practices in order to continue the implementation of A health and safety culture within municipal services.
Are you ready to become one of the leaders of this transformation?
the challenges that await you :
under the chief of division SST, you are a consultant in the management of SST prevention activities in the field. Oriented towards results, you mainly work on the development, training and support for managers in the field, all according to the usual principles of an integrated health and safety management system at work.
In support of the chief of division, you will be called upon to develop and deploy programs and tools inspired by best practices in terms of prevention of physical and psychological lesions from a perspective of continuous improvement management. More specifically, you will need to ensure processing of processes and practices aimed at identifying the risks of physical and psychological nature, setting up the mechanisms that will make it possible to act in depth on the determinants that affect the health and safety of employees. You will have to assume significant leadership in order to implement an organizational health and risk reduction culture at source in the field.
You exercise a advisory role with managers in order to support them in management Preventive risks in the workplace, for all the services of the municipality, such as: public works, fires, police, etc. Your expertise takes the form of recommendations, field support, development of management tools, solutions and measures promoting early intervention and exercising control over risks in connection with operational activities. You prepare and lead training in prevention with managers and employees in order to improve technical skills and ensure adequate care of health and safety at work in the field.
Finally, you Support the head of division during intervention and corporate actions with the standards, equity, health and safety commission and ensure a presence on the ground. You participate and attend the organization and the course of health and safety promotion activities at work. You assist the chief of division in performance evaluation and collaborate during corporate audit during the year, all according to the principle of ensuring coherence of our actions and plans and focused on management practices in improvement Continue.
the profile sought :
- Baccalaureate which includes certification in certification Health, safety, labor hygiene or equivalent;
- Five (5) years of experience in the prevention of SST, in particular in prevention of mental health, preferably in syndicated environment;
- Experience in project management;
- Practical knowledge of laws, standards and regulations applicable in terms of SST;
- Pushed sense of analysis and problem solving ;
- Skills recognized for customer orientation, development and coaching of multifunctional teams in order to achieve targeted results.
this that we offer you:
- Work in collaboration with dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary framework within the third largest city in Quebec;
- Competitive working conditions and benefits (determined benefits pension funds, holidays, personal and insurance leave)
- A workplace Easily accessible;
- The possibility of working with a wide variety of employment areas - police, firefighters, public works, among others.
salary of $ 76,253.22 $ 95,317.12 depending on the years of experience;
position eligible for work in hybrid mode;
the city of Laval is in full growth. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This evolution brings major challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the approach, let us rethink Laval, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: Urban of nature in 2035. This vision is the compass that today guides development de Laval. Working in the city of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is to put your heart and ideas at the service of the citizen. It is to rub shoulders with devoted people and shape the present to build the future.
You too, take part in change!
apply online by July 14, 2022
by going to .
the city of Laval applies an access to equality access program and invites Women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, natives and people with disabilities to submit their candidacy.