Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Human Resources
Position type : Salaried
You will participate in the development and will be responsible for the maintenance of the Company’s compensation programs and policies. You will be well versed in various organizational issues and will leverage your expertise to advise and make recommendations to HR business partners. You will play a central role in operations and ensure that compensation packages remain competitive and equitable. Your main duties include the following:
- Administer and coordinate various compensation programs, including programs for senior management, and ensure compliance with established policies;
- Advise HR business partners on the management of organizational issues;
- Administer programs and activities relating to benefits and retirement plans in Canada;
- Plan and monitor activities for annual processes: budget planning, bonus award process, salary reviews and group insurance plan renewal;
- Help enhance the employee experience by suggesting improvements and launching new initiatives;
- Assist in implementing technological solutions to automate existing processes;
- Develop communications dealing with program administration that emphasize the value proposition for the employee;
- Generate reports and analyses for approval by the Compensation and Human Resources Committee;
- Prepare analyses and recommendations with regard to specific issues;
- Answer questions from internal and external auditors;
- Stay abreast of industry trends and suggest innovative ideas to attract and retain talent;
- Participate in networking activities, referring to peers as needed;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or administration;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience working with compensation packages;
- Experience implementing an integrated human resources system, an asset;
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Capacity to work independently, manage priorities, perform under pressure and multitask with ease;
- Organized, proactive and disciplined team player;
- Strong analytical and integrative skills;
- Proficiency in HR systems and advanced command of Excel;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.