Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$60,4 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2020 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Human resources
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Vice President, Total Rewards and HR Systems, and working in collaboration with the Director, Total Rewards, you will be responsible for administering executive compensation and overseeing the employee experience approach as it relates to compensation. This is a strategic leadership role requiring insight into the Company’s business context and key business issues, organizational and corporate culture–related realities, and the challenges involved in attracting and retaining talent. As such, you will need to be a clear and purposeful communicator who can draw connections between compensation-related matters and business strategy in order to motivate employees and promote an inclusive, collaborative and performance-based culture. Your ability to make highly relevant recommendations will reinforce your influence. The role requires advanced expertise in total rewards in order to effectively convey compensation-related information to employees as it relates to organizational development, corporate culture and employee experience.
Your duties will include the following:
- Assist the Vice President, Total Rewards and HR Systems, and the Executive Vice President, Organizational Alignment and Human Resources, in preparing for meetings with the Human Resources and Compensation Committee, the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and various CDPQ entities;
- Support VPs and higher-level executives in understanding compensation-related concepts and conveying them in a meaningful way in order to have a positive impact and motivate employees and, in so doing, to foster an environment that promotes transparency, clarity and buy-in with regard to compensation programs;
- Explain compensation programs in easy-to-understand language, aligning key points with business imperatives (business context, strategic plan, value proposition, diversity/equity/inclusion, employee experience);
- Manage or contribute to various projects and initiatives related to compensation, implementation of the Workday system, diversity/equity/inclusion, employee value proposition and other initiatives that help contextualize the subject matter;
- Incorporate compensation-related concepts in the employee onboarding program, training programs for leaders and managers, and the performance and talent management process and ensure the connections between these concepts are clear;
- Work with the Director, Total Rewards, to continuously improve best practices for various elements of the compensation programs related to the employee value proposition in order to promote clarity and connection between the program design and the Company’s strategic plan;
- Contribute to the design, implementation and update of compensation policies and processes in Canada and internationally;
- Help in developing proposals and strategic updates by preparing presentations and analyses for various committees;
- Keep abreast of market trends and put forward innovative ideas to attract and retain talent;
- Mentor business partners, the organizational development/employee value proposition/leadership and development team, the diversity/equity/inclusion team and talent acquisition/management professionals;
- Liaise with the various HR teams on compensation issues and other initiatives, and with other teams throughout the organization;
- Take part in networking activities and refer to peers for information as needed;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, administration or actuarial studies;
- Ten or more years of relevant experience in total rewards;
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Capacity to work independently, manage priorities, perform under pressure and multitask with ease;
- Strong integrative skills and ability to develop compelling PowerPoint presentations;
- Proactive, disciplined and highly organized team player;
- Keen analytical and innovative mindset;
- Proficiency in HR systems and advanced command of Office tools;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .