The purpose of the Société québécoise des infrastructures is to support public bodies in the management of their public infrastructure projects and to develop, maintain and manage a housing stock that meets their needs.
The SQI offers stimulating challenges: 3.1 million square meters in some 1,000 buildings, a portfolio of major projects worth nearly $ 20 billion across Quebec.
Join our team of over 900 employees with leading-edge expertise in all aspects of building, management and building operations. A company committed to innovation and sustainable development.
Whether you want to pursue a career in urban areas or in the region, there are great opportunities for you.
Want to make sense of your career? Get on with us.
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the incumbent acts as a Labor Relations Specialist to support the team of HR Partner Advisors (Human Resources) in the day-to-day management of labor relations and to handle more complex situations that require immediate intervention. The person acts as the employer's representative in dealing with the Company's grievances and with the legal bodies in labor law (administrative tribunals, CNESST, etc.). This person ensures consistency in the application of working conditions, directives and policies pertaining to unionized and non-unionized employees. It provides support in the management of more complex cases of disability and in the context of reintegration at work. It monitors the application of collective agreements, sets up the required management frameworks such as the ARTT (organization and reduction of working hours), telework, etc. She leads the Labor Relations Committees in collaboration with the HR Partner Advisors as required. She oversees case law as well as analyzes and recommendations on various topics in her field. She will take an active part in the next collective bargaining negotiations and will closely assist her supervisor in the overall coordination of the three collective agreements.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to employment, particularly in industrial relations or human resources;
- Have ten (10) years of relevant experience related to assignments in a unionized environment, including 3 years in labor relations and / or negotiations;
- Being a member of the Order of Approved Human Resources Advisors will be considered an asset;
- Have the ability to adapt to different clienteles and be able to act in a context of change;
- Possess the ability to make decisions and make clear recommendations related to the Company's strategy and objectives;
- Demonstrate ability to act in a consulting role;
- Have the ability to influence the search for solutions and compromises with individuals;
- Demonstrate rigor and a sense of responsibility in the performance of their duties and have the ability to identify organizational priorities;
- Demonstrate communication skills both in writing and orally (analysis summary, assessment, listening skills, ability topresentations and to lead groups);
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team and demonstrate initiative, autonomy and creativity;
- Have a strong sense of ethics in customer relations and customer service;
- Master computer software related to his field of activity.
YOUR CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position includes a competitive annual salary. Treatment will vary based on skill and experience, according to the expected scale of the job class. In addition, the SQI offers some of the most competitive benefits, including participation in a defined benefit pension plan, the possibility of working flexible hours, a work / life balance, four weeks of vacation after one year only, and than the reimbursement of the annual dues to your professional order.
Those interested in this job offer are invited to apply on our website no later than May 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a position at the Société québécoise des infrastructures. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Société québécoise des infrastructures implements an equality program and invites women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply.
Accommodation can be provided to people with disabilities based on their needs.