(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As Immigration Technician, you will be tasked with ensuring that the work permits of Desjardins Group employees are obtained or renewed, primarily as part of the recruitment process, but also for existing employees. As an expert, you will take charge of everything relating to each immigration file and will serve as a contact person for partner organizations.
- Take complete charge of the immigration process with partners.
- Work directly with managers and employees to obtain documents and information.
- Produce official documents and forms to submit to government authorities to obtain or renew work permits in Quebec and Ontario.
- Ensure that immigration files are in compliance and follow up on their status to support employees working under a work permit.
- Provide support to managers and employees encountering immigration problems prior to hiring or during employment to identify the best solutions possible.
- Respond to government audits by consolidating the required information and providing the applicable documents on time.
- Produce analyses and statistics from time to time in relation to operations.
- Coordinate the most complex files with immigration services providers.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Lévis, depending on the chosen candidate’s preference
- Job type: Temporary; scheduled end date: July 15, 2020
- Number of positions available: 1
- College diploma in a pertinent discipline
- Minimum of two years of experience in preparing work permit requests (LMIA, QCA, etc.)
Other combinations of relevant training and experience may be considered
- For positions available in Quebec, note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of Excel (an asset)
- Solid knowledge of Quebec’s immigration rules (Ontario’s would be an asset)
- Up-to-date legal knowledge of immigration matters
- Expert proficiency in French and English, both written and spoken
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Situational adaptability
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Human resources (FG)