(Work place: Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
PointageThe incumbent develops, improves and implements human resources services and strategies including practices, programs, policies and tools, in support of the caisse's strategic plan and business plan. He or she advises directors and managers in carrying out activities related to organizational development and human resources (staffing and recruitment, orientation and integration, mobilization, change management, overall compensation, participatory management, etc.).
The Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins is Quebec’s leading financial institution specializing in the social economy. Its mission is to help develop a fair, solidarity-based and sustainable economy by financing socially-engaged collective enterprises. Caisse members include over 3,400 cooperatives, non-profits and unions. The Caisse is able to offer financial support thanks to the savings of the more than 15,000 citizens and organizations that rely on it for advice on socially-responsible investments. As at December 31, 2018, the Caisse’s business volume totalled more than $2 billion. The Caisse is backed by a skilled and dedicated team of employees working in 3 service centres in Quebec City, Joliette and Montreal.
- Serve as expert on the Executive Committee by developing human resources guidelines and contributing to the development of business strategies, in accordance with Desjardins Group's strategic orientations and caisse issues.
- Develop, implement and track the human resources action plan, targeted results and strategic orientations. Ensure the integration of this action plan with other sectors' performance management action plans.
- Develop and implement human resources management practices throughout the caisse to facilitate talent acquisition and management, mobilization, team synergy, and change management.
- Define, establish and develop the human resources service offer.
- Participate in the hiring of caisse management staff by helping managers analyze applications and conduct interviews and by advising them in their decision-making.
- Assist in the creation of the caisse's overall salary budget and compensation conditions, ensure their monitoring and make recommendations.
- Negotiate and manage the collective agreement, grievances, and labour relations committee. Act as facilitator by supporting managers in dealing with difficult situations (e.g. absenteeism, performance assessment, work environment).
- Carry out workforce planning for the caisse. Ensure effective management of skill development activities for management and non-management employees.
- Manage the Human Resources Advisor and the Human Resources agent
- Represent the caisse and Desjardins Group in his or her community.
Other working conditions
- Score: between 486 and 572
- Place of work: Quebec or Montreal, depending on the preference of the successful candidate (Quebec City: 155 Charest E Blvd, Suite 500, Quebec or Montreal: 2175 de Maisonneuve Blvd East, Suite 150, Montreal)
- Travel to be planned, if necessary.
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of experience including a minimum of one year of management experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge and interest for the social and solidarity economy
- Knowledge of financial, economic, political and legislative news
- Knowledge of the market analysis and external environment of the Fund
- Understanding the issues and practices of the evolving personal financial services industry
- Knowledge of all products and services intended for Caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centers, Desjardins components and distribution networks and those of the competition
- Knowledge of security measures, legal framework and internal control
- Knowledge of compliance with laws on the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, standards and ethics governing the operations of the caisse and its centres
- Knowledge of motivational management practices
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process
- Knowledge of human resources and labour law specializations
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the democratic structure of the caisses and Desjardins Group
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Develops talent, Drive results, Teams
Caisse d'économie solidaire Desjardins
CAISSE SOLIDAIRE DESJARDINS (T: 92276)