Company: Oberfeld Snowcap
Start Date: Immediately
Salary Range: TBA
Spanning four decades of commercial real estate expertise, Oberfeld Snowcap is a prestigious real estate and advisory services firm with an established presence across North America. Committed to providing superior retail tenant representation, strategic insight, property/project leasing and real estate investment sales management, the Company has positioned itself as a trusted expert in the industry, delivering profitability and global brand value in every real estate transaction.
An ambitious, dedicated and passionate team is at the heart of the Company’s success, collaborating to ensure superior client representation and long-term value of real estate investments. Thanks to their innovative ideas and exceptional work, the Company has been managing some of the nation’s most impressive retail landscapes for over 200 premium local, national and international brands.
A rewarding, gratifying and motivating challenge awaits any potential candidate, who will become a change ambassador and achieve professional excellence within a thriving and reputable Company, working alongside seasoned experts.
Can you imagine having the opportunity to set the HR tone and strategy of your own department? Are you a confident and knowledgeable HR expert looking to grow your career and use your power of influence to make a meaningful impact? Do you want to work with engaged employees who have a real sense of belonging to their Company? Here’s a rare opportunity to make the HR practice shine!
With continued growth and exciting expansion projects on the horizon, the Company is creating a new role in its leadership team. The HR Director is a key position, created to support the long-term vision of growth and profitability of the Company. Demonstrating superior knowledge of HR best practices and applicable legislation, the incumbent will contribute to defining and implementing an HR strategy that is aligned with the organizational objectives and conducive to employee performance. The client envisions a bright and agile self-starter that can implement policies and processes, enhance talent management strategies, and maintain a culture of collaboration and achievement year-round.
The ideal candidate follows emerging trends in performance evaluations, compensation practices and employee engagement, while also demonstrating an interest in learning about the commercial real estate industry. This is an unparalleled professional opportunity for a motivated leader with superior communication skills for negotiating complex situations and making a real difference.
- Collaborate with the Management team on the development, implementation and evaluation of a global HR strategy;
- Optimize current HR processes, policies and programs based on industry best practices;
- Advise managers on legal compliance matters, including provincial legislation and corporate agreements;
- Develop new tools for facilitating essential HR activities, including performance reviews, staffing initiatives and employee engagement efforts;
- Analyze, administer, and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs for the Company;
- Advise and coach Managers on all aspects of personnel management: disciplinary measures, absenteeism, conflict resolution, performance evaluations, career development, communication techniques, etc.;
- Oversee the HR administrative tasks to be completed periodically for employee orientation, training, vacations, and contract reviews;
- Coordinate training courses for each department in order to enhance and increase professionalism, productivity, skills, and safety of workers;
- Ability to work on special projects throughout the year (as required).
- Strong business acumen to align organizational and HR performance objectives;
- Build professional relationships with staff, management, and external resources;
- Autonomy, agility and adaptation to change;
- Critical and analytical thinker with high emotional intelligence;
- Superior communication skills for persuading, negotiating, and influencing;
- Able to act diplomatically and tactfully;
- Active listening to deal with sensitive HR topics;
- Team player with a flawless work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations;
- 7 to 10 years of experience working in Human Resources (progressive career evolution);
- Experience working in Human Resources within a professional services environment;
- Professional HR designation as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP);
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written);
- Good comprehension of the French language;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
All interested candidates ready for this professional challenge are requested to send their resume with confidence to by May 17, 2019.
As a recruitment partner to the Company, Solertia Consulting Group will solely contact the top candidates retained for an interview. We thank you for your interest.
The Solertia Team