Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Human Resources
Position type : Salaried
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will support business partners in the application and implementation of human resources strategies in order to meet business needs, in direct relation with the organization’s strategic plan. Being a proactive business partner with a keen business acumen, you will influence and coach to help them achieve their organizational and professional goals, aligned to the global business strategy. In tandem with managers and leaders, provide support to employees on HR programs, helping them to develop their competencies and retain our organization’s talent.
Main duties include:
- Influence and guide managers to implement appropriate HR strategies and ensure that corporate strategies are taken into account in their development;
- Guide managers in contexts of work and team reorganization, transformation or any other project having impacts on the organization's human resources and develop a change management strategy appropriate to each specific situation;
- Proactively contribute to the talent forecasting process that includes performance reviews, talent reviews, critical positions identification, talent planning according to the skills of the future;
- Assist managers, more specifically in the identification of high potentials and the implementation of development plans as well as in the implementation of strong succession plans (accompanied by their action plans);
- Ensure compliance with HR management programs and policies and recommend changes to HR policies when required;
- Advise managers on human relations issues and the management of their employees;
- Advise employees on how to resolve issues and address HR issues;
- Analyze and interpret data from employee surveys, in order to develop strategies, programs and action plans that meet business needs;
- Take on and ensure adequate disability monitoring with employees, managers and external partners;
- Analyze HR performance indicators and use them to propose appropriate HR actions to client groups based on their respective realities;
- Constantly monitor the best HR practices on the market and build recommendations for implementation when relevant for Ivanhoé Cambridge;
- Assume any other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources management or Industrial relations and have a CHRA, CRIA, CHRP, designation. MBA, an asset;
- Ten to fifteen years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Excellent ability to influence and guide leaders ranging from executives to first level managers;
- Excellent knowledge of Labour laws (provincial and federal);
- International experience;
- Ability to foster a work environment conducive to achieving and exceeding objectives;
- Ability to lead projects from start-up phase to implementation;
- Experience in organizational transformation (organizational design approach);
- Excellent ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, perform under pressure, and multi-task;
- Strong customer service skills and results-oriented;
- Proven experience in change management;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency in French and English (both oral and written).
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.