The Courchesne Larose Group's mission is to provide its suppliers with the largest showcase and the best distribution network for fresh, diversified and quality fruits and vegetables year-round. This family business is growing rapidly, both organically and through acquisitions, and has been doing so for 100 years now. The company distributes to its customers across Canada and the East Coast of the United States and offers, among other things, import services from producing countries on an international scale. To ensure its position against the strong competition, Courchesne Larose is committed to the exceptional quality of its products, to the satisfaction of its customers and the well-being of its employees.
The Courchesne Larose Group is currently seeking a Human Resources Advisor to fill one (1) year maternity leave at its head office, located in Anjou .
The incumbent will be required to work closely with the operations department for the entire Group and will be required to accompany the supervisors / supervisors in a unionized environment. More specifically, she will coordinate and manage matters relating to occupational health and safety, disability files, disciplinary measures, staffing, performance management, compensation, training management and other activities. related to the management of human resources. She will have to work closely with the Director of Human Resources to ensure that the objectives and progress of HR projects are achieved and acts as a resource person for managers and employees of Groupe Courchesne Larose businesses. The Group now has approximately 500 employees in its three entities, Courchesne Larose, Les Aliments Bercy and Krops Imports.
Specifically, the Human Resources Advisor will be responsible for:
- Advising foremen, supervisors and employees on human resources practices and procedures and enforcing human resources legislation;
- Guide managers on the application of labor standards and the administration and interpretation of the existing collective agreement, and ensure that it is implemented in a sound and consistent manner;
- Act as a specialist in OHS, provide prevention and manage occupational health and safety records, and be responsible for committees of different divisions;
- Manage disability records and follow-ups to ensure proper management;
- Be responsible and participate in the Discipline Committee and provide follow-ups;
- Accompany and advise managers (operations managers, foremen and supervisors) on various aspects of human resources management (disciplinary measures, staffing, performance management, etc.);
- Participate in the development and analysis of performance indicators (dashboard) and ensure updating (turnover rate, accident rate, etc.);
- Participate and coordinate the annual training plan and track eligible expenditures under Bill 90 and related documentation;
- Develop and implement a performance management program for the Group's operations.
- Collaborate on the design and development of programs and tools related to best practices in human resources management;
- Participate in the recruitment oforder pickers, in collaboration with the recruiter / analyst;
- Ensure the recruitment of all other positions in the Operations Department;
- Ensure the reception and integration of employees of the operations department for the entire Group;
- Perform other duties related to the position and provide any necessary support to the HR Director.
Your profile and talents
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or other relevant field;
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a generalist in human resources;
- Experience in a syndicated environment.
Skills and qualities sought
- Initiative, teamwork, autonomy and concern for confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English.
- Demonstrate flexibility, a sense of listening and a great adaptability;
- Be organized and know how to manage your priorities;
- Have relational and communication skills;
- Have analytical and synthesis skills;
- Mastering the Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Available to move from one division to another.
- Member of the Order of Human Resources and Industrial Relations Counselors of Quebec (ORHRI);
- Knowledge of labor laws in Quebec and Ontario.
Why join us?
- A human resources department to build in collaboration with the HR Director;
- The challenges of a fast growing, family-run, family-owned business;
- A pleasant work environment and bright offices;
- A subsidized cafeteria;
- Free parking spaces.
We want to meet you!
All applications will be treated confidentially. We thank you for your interest in Courchesne Larose Inc., however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.