(Work place: Sainte-Marie, 300, boul. Frontenac Est, Saint-Georges)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08The incumbent supports and advises caisse managers in developing, improving and implementing human resources solutions, practices, programs, policies and tools.
General Information on the Position
Caisse populaire Desjardins de Pointe-aux-Trembles is known for its great work environment and stands out for the working conditions and professional development opportunities it offers employees. Located in eastern Montreal, the Caisse serves an urban market with strong development potential. The Caisse has 80 employees in 2 service centres, who make it a priority to build rewarding long-term business relationships with its 29,892 members. The Caisse’s assets stand at 797.2 millions, and its business volume totals 1.6 billion, including 917 millions in on- and off-balance sheet savings and 725 millions in personal and business loans.
- Advise managers in developing, improving and implementing various human resources programs and practices.
- Collaborate in creating strategies and developing the human resources action plan.
- Advise the Management Committee with respect to various human resources development initiatives (e.g. work-life balance, health and wellness, workforce planning), raise issues and make recommendations.
- Support managers in dealing with difficult situations (e.g. absenteeism, performance assessment, work environment).
- Assist with organizational development at the caisse (e.g. change management, mobilization, recruitment, orientation and integration).
- Participate in the hiring of non-management caisse staff by helping managers analyze applications and conduct interviews and by advising them in their decision-making.
- Carry out pay integration according to prescribed rules, ensure proper application of the guide to working conditions and/or collective agreement and implement compensation systems and programs.
- Ensure the proper application of laws, standards, codes of conduct, and human resources policies and practices (e.g. health, security, charters). Ensure the resulting administrative follow-up and recommend necessary improvements.
- If necessary, make minor adjustments to certain human resources tools to ensure they meet the actual needs of the caisse and to facilitate their implementation (e.g. skills development plan, training programs).
- Improve or create tools, as needed that take into account the caisse’s situation in terms of planning, conducting follow-ups and providing support for HR-related decisions (e.g., skills development plan, absenteeism report, turnover rate).
Other working conditions
- The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work #LI-Hybrid
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of change management approaches
- Knowledge of external environment
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, standards and ethics governing the operations of the caisse and its centres
- Knowledge of motivational management practices
- Knowledge of human resources management programs
- Knowledge of human resources and labour law specializations
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the democratic structure of the caisses and the Desjardins network
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
1017, boulevard Vachon Nord Bureau 300 Sainte-Marie
Human resources (FG)