(Work place: Saint-Hyacinthe)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08The incumbent supports and advises caisse managers in developing, improving and implementing human resources solutions, practices, programs, policies and tools.
General Information on the Position
- Advise managers in developing, improving and implementing various human resources programs and practices.
- Collaborate in creating strategies and developing the human resources action plan.
- Advise the Management Committee with respect to various human resources development initiatives (e.g. work-life balance, health and wellness, workforce planning), raise issues and make recommendations.
- Support managers in dealing with difficult situations (e.g. absenteeism, performance assessment, work environment).
- Assist with organizational development at the caisse (e.g. change management, mobilization, recruitment, orientation and integration).
- Participate in the hiring of non-management caisse staff by helping managers analyze applications and conduct interviews and by advising them in their decision-making.
- Carry out pay integration according to prescribed rules, ensure proper application of the guide to working conditions and/or collective agreement and implement compensation systems and programs.
- Ensure the proper application of laws, standards, codes of conduct, and human resources policies and practices (e.g. health, security, charters). Ensure the resulting administrative follow-up and recommend necessary improvements.
- If necessary, make minor adjustments to certain human resources tools to ensure they meet the actual needs of the caisse and to facilitate their implementation (e.g. skills development plan, training programs).
- Improve or create tools, as needed that take into account the caisse’s situation in terms of planning, conducting follow-ups and providing support for HR-related decisions (e.g., skills development plan, absenteeism report, turnover rate).
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of change management approaches
- Knowledge of external environment
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, standards and ethics governing the operations of the caisse and its centres
- Knowledge of motivational management practices
- Knowledge of human resources management programs
- Knowledge of human resources and labour law specializations
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the democratic structure of the caisses and the Desjardins network
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
1410, boul. Casavant Est Saint-Hyacinthe
CAISSE RÉGION DE SAINT-HYACINTHE (T: 90044)
Human resources (FG)