Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a PS Systems Manager.
This is a 12 month TERM position reporting to the PS Director, Information Systems and Technology Projects, the PS Systems Manager is responsible for providing supervisory support, guidance and task coordination to team analysts and technical staff. Duties include: supporting strategic PS initiatives and projects; providing escalation support to internal staff and clients; collaborating with PS partners to coordinate process change initiatives; optimizing PS productivity, systems and technology use; facilitating systems development requests and overseeing necessary testing; maintaining project tracking tools; and supporting training initiatives.
- Develop and maintain scope of work summaries and status tracking measures for small-medium sized PS projects.
- Assign and monitor project tasks assigned to PS System team members.
- Manage internal methods to report and monitor team tasks, projects, progress, targets, priorities, and completion.
- Communicate team assignments and projects statuses with appropriate stakeholders, leaders and the PS Systems Director as necessary.
- Attend client project consultations, discovery sessions, and briefings, documenting requirements and providing updates, systems’ perspectives, metrics, and testing results and input as required.
- Assist the PS Systems team in managing customer demands and setting realistic time expectations with the client to ensure maximum satisfaction, results and quality of service.
- Coordinate and track technical fixes, testing and close-outs with the IS Department and PS System team members as necessary.
- Maintain data integrity, information security, privacy, and governance practices at all times.
- Facilitate and support data audit exercised as requested.
- Coordination of workforce survey development, deployment, analysis & findings.
- Oversee the design and layout of dashboard visualizations.
- Support the development of the evaluation framework for the Volunteer Experience Transformation project.
- Provide supervisory support to PS Team members for technical and non-technical escalations.
- Supervise activities between the PS Systems team, external resources, and the broader PS team to facilitate a smooth and timely service delivery workflow.
- Mentor PS Systems team staff, encouraging development and healthy team relationships.
- Review technical training documents for consistency in format and proper language usage.
- Ensure all public material is available in both official languages and posted where necessary.
- Attend virtual, online or technical training to remain knowledgeable of current technologies and HR-related trends, metrics and measurement practices.
- Assist in streamlining PS processes and adding department value.
- Carry out other technical related duties that may be required.
Qualifications - Education & Experience
• Related post-secondary level education or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Team supervisory experience in project management or information technology service delivery;
• Proven experience organizing team project assignments, progress and priorities;
• Knowledge of HRIS and compensation systems, processes, trends, and best practices, required;
• CHRL and/or PMP certification or working toward designation is an asset;
• Five plus years of experience working in dedicated or related information and systems technology frameworks; and recent experience supporting business systems and applications; and facilitating, data measurements and visualizations;
• Experience writing reports, business cases, technical material, training instructions, project plans, and presentations;
• Experience communicating technical specifications, concepts, issues and functionality in clear language to non-technical audiences;
• Solid understanding of current trends in Information Services business solution methodologies, tools, cloud technology and software as a service (SaaS);
• Specific system proficiencies required: MS Dynamics AX, Taleo Business Edition, Kronos Time Tracking, Moodle, Raiser’s Edge, Net Community, Microsoft Office 365 Suite, incl. SharePoint and Project;
• Experience working in non-profit environment is an asset.
Qualifications – Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire, influence and motivate staff;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, planning and execution skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (French an asset);
- Strong client service focus and orientation;
- Professionalism and exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and manage frequent and unexpected priority changes;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.