Wishing to be at the forefront of best practices in human resources, we are looking for HR expertise ready to take up the challenge. The human resources generalist will have the chance to be at the forefront in this wind of change.
- Highlight place and solidify an innovative HR structure and processes.
- Quickly develop credibility with senior management.
- Play a generalist role that is both strategic and operational.
The incumbent plays an advisory role with the management team and employees in strategic human resources management and organization. The incumbent is also responsible for performance management, compensation, skills development, staffing strategy and labor relations at the CNESST.
The wanted head
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management or equivalent;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a generalist role in human resources;
- Extensive knowledge of labor law and employment equity regulations;
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) e.g. BambooHR;
- Member of the Order of Approved Human Resources Advisors (CRHA), an asset.
- Participate in the development of organizational guidelines and procedures;
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees;
- Investigate complaints filed by employees;
- Coordinate plans for employee development and performance management;
- Manage the organization's employee database and prepare reports;
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and best HR practices;
- Provide efficient and expert HR advice to employees regarding absences and health issues, conduct and capabilities, grievances, organizational changes and all other matters relating to employee relations;
- Perform salary processing, including weekly updates of employee records, bonuses, tracking of vacation and sick pay, l '' import of expense reimbursements, entry of exceptions, employee time validations and benefit changes;
- Assist in communication, interpretation and updating of the employee manual , the employee directory and organization chart, and contribute to policy development;
- Manage compensation and benefit plans
- Drive employee onboarding and help organize management initiatives training and development;
- Provide support to employees in various areas related to human resources, such as leave and compensation, and resolve issues that may arise;
- Promote human resource programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace;
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies;
- Undertake tasks around performance management;
- Collect and analyze data using useful human resource metrics, such as hiring time and staff turnover rate;
- Organize semi-annual and annual reviews of employee performance;
- Maintain records and t employee records in the formelectronic and in print;
- Improve job satisfaction by quickly solving problems, applying new benefits and organizing team building activities;
- Help the recruitment process by identifying candidates, carrying out reference checks and issuing employment contracts;
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations.
Knowing how to be
- Expert leadership.
- Business acumen and diplomat.
- Builder, resourceful and curious .
- Resilient and determined.