Do you want to work in a fascinating, growing, dynamic field? Permanent position for a global leader. Work for a company where prevention and employee safety are priorities.
Reporting to the HSE Group Leader on the Montreal site, the incumbent is responsible for supporting managers, mainly the manufacturing managers, in overseeing occupational health and safety and environment. To do this, the incumbent monitors prevention objectives with regard to health, safety and environment at CAE's head office and ensures that CAE's HSE regulations and procedures are followed.
The EHS Advisor's responsibilities are as follows:
This position is an excellent opportunity to put your health, safety and environment knowledge into practice. You will be required to:
- Assist in the implementation of HSE processes and systems and provide assistance and expertise to the managers concerned.
- Participate in analyzing, developing and carrying out the HSE strategy that meets legal requirements (legislation, standards and regulations) and corporate standards for the Montreal site (operations and offices).
- Actively advise managers on the critical issues in their sector and recommend actions that will help mitigate environmental and safety risks.
- Communicate to promote awareness, motivation and commitment among occupational health and safety and environment workers in order to improve the culture of prevention.
- Use performance indicators to assess the effectiveness of the steps taken.
The requirements required for the position are as follows:
• Undergraduate university degree with specialization in an appropriate discipline (occupational health and safety, industrial relations, engineering) or DEC with relevant experience
• Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years experience in health, safety and environment prevention
• Knowledge of legislation and regulations (LSST, RSST, LQE)
The skills sought for the position are:
• Ability to manage multiple files at a time and meet deadlines while delivering quality results
• Ability to motivate and influence others to promote and improve current ways of doing things
• Ability to work closely as a team and adapt quickly to change
• Excellent communication skills in French and English (oral and written)
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, including health and dental insurance, flexible schedules, a training assistance program, a stable and stimulating work environment, and a chance to be part of a dynamic, highly qualified group.
By joining the CAE team, you will have the opportunity to dive into interesting health and safety projects and to play a key role in meeting the organization's objectives.
If you are ready to propel your career to the next level, apply now to join our team of qualified professionals.