About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two separate companies, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC, with annual sales of nearly $ 1 billion in three market segments: residential, light commercial and automotive solutions. customized ventilation. Our company's mission is to create a better future every day. By applying our core values of safety, integrity, performance-driven culture and teamwork, we have become a leading heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) company that offers products and services energy-efficient and sustainable solutions that exceed our customers 'expectations through our employees' commitment to quality, customer experience and operational excellence.
The incumbent is responsible for developing, promoting and coordinating a safe and healthy work environment for the Aston St-Leonard site (Aston) so that company respects its legal obligations and acts proactively at all times to avoid any accident.
Main qualities sought:
· Ability to personally apply the principle of safety first and ability to empower and empower other team members by ensuring their protection to support our core value of safety.
· Demonstrate integrity, work transparently, and be recognized for the way you treat others with respect.
· Be responsible for creating and implementing solutions that deliver the desired results, and taking responsibility for a performance culture.
· Collaborate as part of a team united in a culture of teamwork.
· Like to embrace and trigger change as a vector of improvement.
· Be a "builder" who is comfortable in a culture of continuous improvement.
· To be able to flourish in a sustainable heritage culture in which we are trying to do what's right for the company today, even if it's difficult, and to leave a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this an excellent opportunity?
Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the team:
- You are a lever for profitable growth and genuine change;
- You are the closest to customers and markets, and you understand our business;
- You can make the right decisions every day as we move quickly;
- You are the source of our success;
- You can help us make each day better.
- Manage all ESS policies for the Aston site.
- Develop, implement and update the ESS management system, including all Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and programs.
- Analyze work environments and review, develop, implement and coordinate OHS policies and programs to eliminate the risk of accidents and occupational diseases.
- Develop and implement programs and procedures for accident investigation and analysis, data collection and analysis, andprevention and management of risks related to OSH.
- Oversee the management of work stoppages and occupational diseases approved by the CNESST.
- Conduct inspections and audits to make recommendations for correction or prevention, as required, and monitor them.
- Ensure the completion and update of job security analyzes, PPE assessments and ergonomic assessments.
- Lead and perform root cause and corrective action analysis for injuries, accidents and environmental incidents.
- Provide HSE technical assistance and direction to production teams.
- Ensure that all leading indicators are met, including behavioral safety observations, Gemba security visits by site managers, and weekly inspections by supervisors.
- Prepare a monthly report for all key performance indicators related to HSE, including leading indicators and lagged indicators.
- Ensure the implementation of training, orientation meetings and monthly SST meetings.
- Coordinate monthly, semi-annual and annual equipment inspections.
- Proceed with the purchase of security supplies and equipment, as needed, and evaluate the new security equipment to ensure that it meets security needs.
- Intervene in case of emergency and provide assistance as needed.
- Maintain your knowledge and skills related to OHS.
- Support the ESS as a member of the global security team and lead the facility security committee.
- Provide advice, guidance and "hands-on support" to mill staff on environmental regulatory, health and safety issues.
- Coordinate all HSE awareness programs for the identified HSE risks, aspects and impacts.
- Coordinate the incident investigation process with supervisors, including providing 24-hour notice to the Security Council and overseeing security issues.
- Monitor compliance with federal, provincial and local health, safety or environmental regulations (sewage, stormwater, hazardous waste).
- Provide training on environment, health, safety and plant HSE programs to staff members.
- Responsible for environmental reporting and permitting processes, including the Annual Hazardous Waste Report.
- Communicate with regulators as needed.
- Have a working knowledge of the principles of process safety management, confined space access, machine protection, hazardous energy control (decommissioning / labeling), electrical safety, operation industrial trucks, ergonomics, safety of handling equipment, use of cranes and lifting and protection devices against falls.
- Practical knowledge of injury case management.
- Hold a certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or a Bachelor's degree (BAC) in Industrial Engineering, Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations or any other relevant discipline.
- Have at least five (5) years of directly job-related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have a good knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, MS Project, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have a very good knowledge of the French language both orally and in writing.
- Have a very good knowledge of the English language both orally and in writing (communications with the head office located in the United States).
- Ability to interact professionally with site managers and act as a business partner in HSE.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations and standards of the province of Quebec governing occupational health and safety.
- Have a good knowledge of the principles of rehabilitation and adaptation.
- Know the process of administrative management of the files submitted to the CNESST (opinion of the employer and request for reimbursement, declaration of the worker, temporary assignment, etc.).
Profile of the wanted person
The incumbent must demonstrate a sense of planning, organization, direction and control at the operational level. She must have change management skills to implement actions to protect health and ensure worker safety. It must demonstrate an excellent analytical and synthesis spirit as well as demonstrate an ability to develop, recommend and implement corrective measures aimed at reducing risks at source. She must also have technical skills to understand the operational language. She must be able to work with pressure to complete tasks on time and with rigor. It must use judgment, creativity, perseverance and leadership in order to mobilize all stakeholders to adopt corrective and preventive measures. She must demonstrate very good communication skills, including being attentive and articulate in a clear and concise manner with tact and diplomacy.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, visit our company website at.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC subscribe to the principle of employment equity and do not discriminate unlawfully against candidates because of their race, color, religion, their gender, origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.