HEALTH AND SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT ADVISOR
- PREVENTION SAMPLE -
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Main mission (s)
- Exclusively ensure construction site safety.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate instructions and safety measures specific to the site in compliance with the provisions of the Building Code and make sure they are respected;
- Ensure that all workers are aware of the risks and hazards of their work;
- Receive recommendations and minutes of employer health and safety committee meetings;
- Receive and process copies of any order or notice of defect from an inspector authorized under the Act respecting occupational health and safety;
- Participate in the drafting of site-specific safety instructions;
- Intervene when there is a risk of accident and investigate after an accident;
- Conduct site visits and identify potential risks;
- Other related tasks.
- College or university technique related to health and safety and / or having equivalent experience in the field of construction.
Experience / Skills
- Construction site experience;
- Bilingual (French and English). An asset;
- Knowledge of the different collective agreements of construction;
- Team worker;
- Administrative knowledge;
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
Personal Abilities and Qualifications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Very orderly;
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Discretion, integrity and availability;
- Ease of communication;
- Ease of learning;
- Be versatile;
- Be able to make decisions;
- Have initiative.
Note: The masculine form is used for the purpose of lightening the text and this without prejudice to the female form