For its Human Resources department, the City of Laval is looking for a:
CHEF EXCELLENCE OPÉRATIONNELLE ET SYSTÈMES RH
The City of Laval is undergoing unprecedented transformation and its Human Resources Department continues to implement best practices in order to pursue its vision and mission and become a strategic partner and a change agent and thus better support municipal services in achieving of its objectives.
Based on a business intelligence approach, we want to position the citizen at the heart of our commitments, and we aim to make operational excellence an integral component of operations.
Are you ready to become one of the leaders of this digital and organizational transformation?
The challenges that await you:
Reporting to the management of resources urces, you play a key role in the strategy, planning and execution of digital HR transformation and shaping the culture of operational excellence within the service. You work in close collaboration with multiple partners, internal and external contributors and you have recognized operational and transformational leadership, your mandate revolves mainly around four poles:
- Operational recovery of foundations, in order to secure operations and to enable the strategic aspect of digital transformation to be established and to concretize the strategic vision of human resources;
- Establishment of an HR systems expertise center contributing to establishment and promotion of a culture of operational excellence redefining the user experience;
- Implementation and management of a centralized demand management, prioritization and reporting process for the HR projects facilitating optimal management of service-wide initiatives, ensuring integrated planning of operational and business initiatives strategies in the context of digital transformation;
- Implementation, promotion and monitoring of continuous improvement mechanisms, in collaboration with the organizational performance office, aimed at operational efficiency across the service;
As a member of the Service management team, you collaborate in its proper functioning and contribute to the achievement of its objectives. You assess and recommend the human, material and financial resources required for the smooth running of the activities for which you are responsible and manage the budgets made available to you. You submit detailed reports and you may be called upon to make presentations relating to the activities for which you are responsible. respective mandates, determine the general order of priorities, define the objectives and inform of its expectations.
The desired profile:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in business administration / operations or project management. A master's degree is an asset;
- Recognized experience in piloting a digital HR transformation;
- Have a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in a team management position or continuous improvement associated with a sustained understanding of best HR business practices;
- Have solid skills in HR project management (systems and processes);
- Demonstrate '' recognized experience ofestablishment of a center of expertise and operational recovery initiatives;
- Holding an Agile and Project Certification (PMP) is essential;
- Knowledge of Kanban and project management tools are desirable;
What we offer you:
Choose the City Laval is working for the third largest city in Quebec, for this position you will have competitive working conditions and benefits.
You will work in collaboration with dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary setting.
The City of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval initiative, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: Urban nature in 2035 . This vision is the compass that guides Laval's development today. To work at the City of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas at the service of the citizen. It’s rubbing shoulders with dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too are part of the change! Apply by March 20, 2020
by going to:
The City of Laval applies a program of equal access to employment. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.