(Work place: Lévis)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a member of the expertise and development team, you'll play a key part in rolling out skills development initiatives and effective educational strategies for our international projects. In addition to providing on-the-ground support to multidisciplinary teams and acting as a financial education resource, you'll serve as an expert advisor, influencing DID learning guidelines and assisting in the development of innovative, cross-sector pedagogical approaches. In this position, you’ll get a chance to use your relationship skills, professional know-how and creativity.
General Information on the Position
An overview of your day-to-day
- You provide advice and support to partner institutions, local teams and head office teams by recommending modern solutions and strategies aimed at the transversal integration of financial education and learning strategies within projects.
- Using your analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of the field, you run diagnostics, target problem areas and recommend pedagogical approaches adapted to our action plans so that we can reach our financial education project goals.
- You proactively plan, coordinate, and follow up on the mandates under your responsibility. You measure their scope by assessing their results and impacts.
- Your ideation skills, as well as your ability to translate concepts into plain language, will come in handy as you develop training courses, programs, processes and key pathways intended to strengthen the financial skills of learners and our partner financial institutions. You also deploy financial education awareness activities for stakeholders.
- You monitor trends and innovations in the field of pedagogy, while optimizing the learners experience through the experimentation of new hybrid learning models.
- You use your writing skills to draft organizational documents (service proposals, reference documents, processes, etc.).
Are you the person we're looking for?
- You have a bachelor's degree in a related field. A master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar position. If you got your experience in the international development or financial sector, you may be the perfect candidate.
- You have experience in structuring learning projects involving the coordination of multidisciplinary teams or/and developing pedagogical approaches.
- Your understanding of the business environment and your customer focus allow you to rapidly identify client needs and issues in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Good communicator, you’re good at synthesizing knowledge and explaining what you know in layman's terms. You're skilled at coming up with complex principles and writing them down.
- You are client-oriented and recognized for your ability to persuade and influence, while maintaining solid interpersonal relationships with a wide range of collaborators.
- You’re fluent in 2 of the 3 languages spoken at DID (French AND English or Spanish).
- The idea of working on several projects simultaneously stimulates you? Your ability to manage priorities and your sense of organization are reflected in your autonomy
- You have a good capacity to adapt; this allows you to remain effective in ambiguity.
- You are a curious person; you are interested in new technologies and innovative approaches to training.
- Your open-mindedness will allow you to interact in a position that requires international travel, as needed.
Other working conditions
Workplace: Head office, Lévis | Remote and hybrid work arrangement Currently on a regular telework basis due to the pandemic. Telework terms to be reassessed at a later date
Temporary work : 24 months
By working in international development, you get to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues and partners around the world. For the past 50 years, we have all shown ingenuity and open-mindedness and have used DID's collective intelligence to make a daily difference in people's lives while developing professionally and personally.
Founded in 1970, Développement international Desjardins (DID) is a Desjardins Group component whose goal is to strengthen the inclusive financial sector and provide populations of developing and emerging countries access to secure, diversified financial services that fit their needs.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
59, avenue Bégin Lévis
Human resources (FG)