(Work place: Montréal, Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10The Project Planning and Coordination Department is part of the Independent Networks Sales and Distribution Division. Its mandate is largely to support delivery of initiatives and ensure strict alignment with the division’s strategic orientations. The department is seeking to hire a new Development Advisor to support the various sectors in order to achieve its ambitious growth and efficiency objectives.As a Development Advisor – Initiative Management, you help direct material, time, IT and human resources on cross-sector projects to meet objectives on time and on budget. You analyze project feasibility and opportunities, develop action plans, define milestones and coordinate project teams.You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for
- Perform the detailed planning of activities and the project process while taking into account the issues, complexity, stakeholders and harmonization with other projects.
- Recommend all deliverables to meet the business objectives and priorities while respecting current agreements, costs and deadlines.
- Conduct analyses on risk, impact and relevant strategies, taking into account various factors with a view to reducing the project’s risk level.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and of methods for boosting profitability and make required improvements.
- Oversee the evolution of projects as well as any necessary interventions and corrections. Where necessary, provide alternative solutions and offer appropriate recommendations.
- Develop or implement knowledge transfer strategies for various clienteles.
- Diagnose needs or problems to be solved. Ensure the development of policies, programs, products and other solutions.
- Perform operational coordination for teams involved in the various projects, monitor the quality control of work and the identification of project standards, methods and procedures.
- Number of job available : 1
- If the work location is Montreal, the position is not unionized; if the work location is Quebec City, it is unionized.
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience with independent networks and/or personal insurance and/or project management (a major asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Intermediate-advanced proficiency in English, knowledge of the SFL, YMPE, DAN, DFSIN and DFSI independent networks (a major asset).
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns
1150, rue de Claire-Fontaine Québec
Project management (FG)