Reason for the position
The holder of the position is responsible for coordinating the activities of the work accident prevention program at the Sainte-Thérèse plant. The Health and Safety Coordinator provides expertise in prevention and health and safety at work in compliance with internal laws, regulations and management systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain, promote and improve prevention program processes;
- Promote the prevention and adoption of safe behaviors through communication initiatives and awareness activities (safety capsules, Internal Journal);
- Write and set up safety procedures and instructions;
- evaluate the application of security policies, procedures and instruction and recommend as needed to the modifications;
- Support, accompany and develop health and safety production and services;
- Coordinate and participate in meetings of health and safety committees;
- Coordinate and perform the work environmental analyzes (noise level, C Thermal ontraint, lighting, etc.)
- Regularly inspect the work areas to ensure legal compliance and monitor corrective actions;
- Initiate accident investigations processes and tracking corrective actions;
- maintain, audit and improve the ISO 45001 management system (internal training available);
- participate in the identification of risks and propose solutions To reduce and / or eliminate them;
- maintain and communicate performance indicators in prevention;
- Represent the employer with government authorities (CNESST, CISS, etc. );
- Ensuring the sound management of certain protective equipment such as glasses and safety shoes;
- Participate in the emergency plan.
This extension is for you if you like to work as a team, if you demonstrate initiative, autonomy, have the s Responsibilities and major skills to communicate.
- Health and safety diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in prevention in a manufacturing environment.
- Work Experience in a Syndicated Environment.
- Strong communication skills and to encourage change.
- very Strong organization capacity.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.