Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Human Resources
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition, the incumbent is responsible for carrying out various recruiting and talent management activities. More specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of the department's activities, managing the postings of all positions, including the revision and translation of job descriptions, identify the strategic sites, manage the organization's internship program, recruitment for temporary staff and act as a resource person in the administration of candidate assessment tests. In addition, the selected person will assist in the activities related to the implementation of the succession plan, the talent review process, the diversity & inclusion program, the evolution of the internal mobility components, the “Talent Incubator” programs and onboarding of new employees.
More specifically, the position entails the following:
- Coordinate the logistics of the department's activities;
- Participate in the optimization and development of departmental tools and processes;
- Contribute to the preparation of documents, reports and presentation tools;
- Support team members in carrying out various projects both in terms of talent acquisition activities and in terms of talent management activities;
- Manage the organization's student job and internship program;
- Update job descriptions with the human resources business partners;
- Coordinate translations of job descriptions;
- Create and open the positions in the application management system;
- Manage and track postings of all positions to be filled;
- Ensure that posting delays are respected;
- Keep up-to-date with the different job boards, participate in package negotiations and evaluate the performance of postings;
- Act as a resource person with suppliers on the technical aspects of the recruitment process;
- Keep the department activities dashboard up to date;
- Maintain the strategic events calendar for job fairs, corporate events, associations and educational institutions;
- Coordinate the registration logistic and equipment allocation required for selected events;
- Carry-out recruitment for temporary staffing requests through recruitment agencies;
- Liaise with the staffing agencies;
- Coordinate the background check process for temporary hires;
- Assist the team in administering technical tests to candidates;
- Act as resource person in the use of the applicant tracking system;
- Keep the department's budget up-to-date;
- Perform any other related tasks requested by his/her immediate supervisor or required by his/her duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or equivalent;
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience related to recruitment activities;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, various job boards and social medias;
- Strong writing, translation, time management, prioritization, interpersonal and organizational skills; enthusiastic, detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, self-motivated, driven, creative and discreet;
- Team spirit.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.