Reporting to the Chief, Human Resources and in close collaboration with the Manager and the Human Resources Technician, you will be responsible for actively contributing to the management of the operational component of the department, which includes activities related to the recruitment of personnel , training and occupational health and safety. As a result, you will be responsible for acting as a generalist within the human resources team to help achieve your goals.
Specifically, you will have the following responsibilities:
▪ In conjunction with managers, complete the complete staffing cycle (job description, postings, pre-selection, interviews, offering, hosting and integrating new employees);
▪ Manage and optimize the integration and reception program for new employees and make the necessary follow-ups (eg probation period);
Training and Succession Planning:
▪ Manage training files: analysis of needs, search for suppliers or development of in-house training in conjunction with content experts, dissemination of training, monitoring and then accounting for expenses (law 1%);
▪ Development and training of employees on various topics (harassment, OHS, lockout, etc.);
▪ Participate in succession planning for the company.
Health and Safety:
▪ Participate and lead health and safety committees at work;
▪ In close collaboration with OSH committees, coordinate all of the company’s prevention activities in the area of occupational health and safety;
▪ Participation in the management of OHS platforms – clients;
▪ In close collaboration with the Mutuelle de prévention and the CNESST, manage the work accident records.
Payroll and Benefits:
▪ With the members of the human resources team, pay 160 employees per fortnight;
▪ For group insurance and retirement savings programs, register new employees and make changes to the computerized online system.
▪ Advise and support managers and employees on a variety of issues (conflict management, health and safety, discipline, difficult employee management, etc.).
▪ Write internal communications (employee newsletter, information memos, annual presentations, etc.).
▪ Participate in the organization of special events (employee party, holiday party, etc.);
▪ As required and in close consultation with the Chief, Human Resources, participate in any other HR project required as part of the development of a human resources department within an SME.
* Tasks and responsibilities may vary depending on the experience and learning ability of the successful candidate.
- Bachelor of Human Resources Management or Industrial Relations
- Member of the Order of Certified Human Resources Advisors (CHRP / CRIA)
- OHS course completed (asset);
- Relevant experience in a generalist position of at least 5 years;
- Mastery of the MS Office suite’s IT tools;
- Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce payroll software (important asset);
- Bilingualism French / English(an asset);
- Knowledge of labor laws in Quebec;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities while maintaining a high level of efficiency;
- Negotiating and influencing skills;
- Availability to occasionally move to the other 3 branches (Quebec, Saguenay and Trois-Rivières);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to analyze and professional judgment;
- Leadership and great sense of resourcefulness;
- Results oriented;
- Proactive approach;
- Geared towards teamwork.
Laval Electric Motors has a lot to offer!
- A comprehensive group insurance plan (medical, life, dental and long-term disability)
- A Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP / DPSP)
- 4 mobile holidays every year
- Excellent job opportunities in the long term
- Several programs for employees, including reimbursement of dues to a professional order (CHRP, CRIA), and reimbursement of physical training fees)
- Work-life balance measures (teleworking, summer time, etc.)
- Continuing Education