Under the supervision of the department head of mechanical design, the mechanical designer participates to the design, the layout, the modifications and the improvement of robotized equipment in various sectors in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. More precisely he will :
- Designs and models in 3D; custom-made machinery, completes assemblies and sub-assemblies;
- Provides support to project managers as well as to other designers when required;
- Provides technical support to the production department for the projects you are responsible for;
- Develops and make the required modifications to tools and peripheral equipment for robotized cells;
- Conducts client site visits and data collection;
- Participates to the elaboration of bids and proposals with the sales team;
- Prepares purchase requisitions for equipment or special components;
- Conducts product and component searches and contact suppliers;
- Provides assistance with the start-up of equipment and participates in the fabrication and assembly tasks;
- Participates to the elaboration of operation and maintenance manuals;
- Performs any other related duties.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in mechanical engineering technology or a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering;
- Experience in the automation industry and machinery fabrication;
- Relevant experience in robots-related industries will be considered an asset;
- Very good written and spoken French and English;
- Strong knowledge of SolidWorks and Microsoft Office;
- Available to travel occasionally outside of the metropolitan area.
The candidate shall be able to demonstrate his autonomy by concrete realizations with emphasis on the follow-up of mandates, budgets and deadlines.
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your Resume at the following email