At VIA Rail Canada, our mission is to reimagine the Canadian journey by creating smarter ways to travel. VIA Rail is a major Canadian player in the transport industry and strongly believes that travel should be an easy, sustainable and enjoyable experience that meets the individual needs and preferences of today’s and tomorrow’s passengers. In the spirit of transformation, our values of innovation, trust and agility are even more important and guide all our actions
With a culture focused on customer satisfaction, VIA Rail Canada is committed to finding the best talent to carry out its mission and ambitious projects. We’ll be relying on you to help us succeed.
When you join us as a Talent Acquisition Advisor, you become the face of the company for candidates. Your mission will be to find top managers and professionals who can continuously uphold the vision of the company: to be a smarter, safer and more sustainable way to move people. To do this, we’re trusting you with our reputation and employment branding.
As part of a strong team reporting to the Director of HR Processes and Information, the Talent Acquisition Advisor will face challenges on a daily basis, all while offering superior service to our partners and candidates so that they feel confident, capable and supported. Working at VIA Rail Canada means joining a major company that proudly serves Canadians and a committed team where teamwork and a good attitude are key. If you’re up to the challenge, we’d like to meet you.
Welcome to VIA Rail Canada!
In concrete terms, you will:
- Meet with managers to identify the profile of ideal candidates;
- Prepare attractive, compelling job postings;
- Use your creativity to find the best talents;
- Use search strategies that make the most of social media;
- Screen candidates;
- Conduct phone interviews and give selection tests;
- Connect with HR business partners and offer them support for in person interviews;
- Make salary recommendations;
- Stay up to date with innovative recruitment trends;
- Occasionally represent the company at job fairs.
To be considered, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources management or a related field;
- 5 to 8 years of recruitment experience, preferably in hiring managers and professionals;
- Experience with recruitment systems (CV Manager, Taleo or any other ATSs) and other search tools (LinkedIn and other social media platforms);
- A fully bilingual level of French and English (spoken and written).
VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail is proud to be a military-friendly employer. VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.