For its Human Resources Department, the City of Laval is looking for a:
Advisor (era) retirement
The annuity plan office is looking for a benevolent employee who's missionable to administer, with the team and his External partners, the pension plans of the city of Laval! The Bureau values the development of best business practices, collaboration, teamwork and partnership, to support pension committees in the healthy regime management.
You willing to become part of this team?
The challenges await you:
annuities, you will participate in the planning and control of the office activities. As part of its delegated mandates, the Bureau of the Pension Plan administers the six defined benefit pension plans for the employees of the City of Laval, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As such, you provide the expertise and support required for retirement plan administration.
You participate in the establishment of the guidelines, objectives and programs of the office with regard to your field of Expertise and the development of the annual objectives of your field of intervention, according to the main orientations of the Bureau of the Pension Plan.
You collaborate with the Chief Office of the Pension Plan to the implementation Place and updating methodology, processes, and tools as well as the development, dissemination and application of best practices in your field of activity.
You participate mainly in the activities of Plan administration to ensure compliance with pension administration laws, regulations, standards and procedures.
More than, as needed, you participate in the activities of the Retirement committees, subcommittees and the activities of Plam The pension funds to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, standards and procedures.
As a team member, you contribute to the achievement of goals. You are tracking budgets at your disposal. You submit detailed reports, including accountability, and you may be called upon to make presentations about the activities you are responsible for.
Results oriented, you collaborate on planning activities, put In place measures to optimize performance, ensure compliance with working standards, methods and procedures and controls their application.
- Participate in the establishment and recommends guidance, objectives and programs of the Pension Plan Office Office for the Administration of Pension Plans;
- Participate in the development of course content retired preparation, writes the required support documents and provides technical support for the course organization. Presents the information;
- Participate in the necessary support for pension committees and sub-committees of audit and investment in pension plans, in terms of liability and asset management Plans. Participate in the planning and support of the activities associated with the decision-making process, the retirement committees and sub-committees and the smooth running of work;
- Participate in retirement committee meetings and sub-committees and Participate in the preparation and monitoring of agendas, documents and minutes;
- participate inDeveloping strategies and action plans to promote healthy retirement plan administration and cost control.
The desired profile:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Actuarial or Mathematics Option Actuarial or Bachelor of Administration Concentration in Human Resources Management or Business Administration Bachelor's degree (with pension experience);
- hold the professional title of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (an asset);
- Possess 7 years of relevant experience in the management of annuity regimes: investments, management of Retirement Committee and Administrative Management;
- Have a relevant municipal and union environment (an asset)
- to be oriented to customer service and to the results are Essential Skills;
- Have the ability to understand its internal environment in addition to that external and agility r Working in a politicized medium;
what we offer you:
Choose the city of Laval is working for the third largest city in Quebec, for this permanent position you are going to have working conditions and competitive benefits .
You will work in collaboration with Dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary setting.
The city of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, companies and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval approach, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban nature in 2035 . This vision is the compass which today guides the development of Laval. Working in the city of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas for the citizen service. It's upcoming dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in the change!
Apply online from here October 28, 2021 By visiting the
The city of Laval applies a program to access equality into employment. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For them, do not hesitate to share special arrangements. necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process.