(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08You will serve as an advisor and coach for dedicated clients and partners as part of various significant intervention and development mandates in your field. You will design learning activities, make changes to these activities, and deploy skill development processes. The nature of the files and projects will require in-depth expertise in your field of activity.You will develop recommendations, solutions and action plans in line with the organization’s orientations and objectives. You will help the team solve complex problems that require analysis and in-depth understanding of the line of business. Coordination is critical, and you will interact with various stakeholders who work in complementary fields of expertise. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.
General Information on the Position
More specifically, you will be working on the team in charge of cybersecurity awareness, communications and training for all Desjardins Group employees as well as for its members and clients. You will work with experts in the field to support the training activities of the team. A keen interest in information security and fraud is essential.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Levis, depending on the candidate’s preference
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in teaching or any other relevant field
- Master’s degree in technology-enhanced learning (an asset)
- Two years of relevant experience
- Experience in the design of training materials in-house
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Good grasp of education technology
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Human resources (FG)