Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Resolu Montreal Office location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Advisor, Compensation and Mobility. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute-LP Engineered Wood Inc., located in Larouche (Québec), is an unconsolidated entity in which Resolute Forest Products has a 50% interest. Resolute operates the wood engineering facility and the joint venture partners are in charge of the sale of the products.
Are you passionate about people? Do you like to analyze data and work with numbers? Do you excel in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace? If so, the position of Advisor, Compensation and Mobility, at Resolute Forest Products may well be what you’re looking for.
As a member of the Human Resources Department, you will leverage your compensation expertise for various internal stakeholders. You will apply the Company’s compensation programs, tools, practices and policies for 1,900 non-unionized employees. Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Involvement in developing, implementing and monitoring compensation best practices, policies, procedures and tools to optimize organizational performance;
- Management of the annual salary review processes and the Short Term Incentive Plan, including preparation of the system (HRIS), verification of eligibility and calculations, updating and communication of guidelines, coordination of the approval process and payment of final amounts;
- Involvement in planning and implementing the Long Term Incentive Plan (LTIP), including management of the system’s recommendation process (HRIS), creation of communication materials (award letters and guides), settlement of awards on the platform of the Company’s LTIP administrator and collaboration with the Finance Department to implement LTIP financial forecasts and budgets;
- Involvement in managing mobility programs, such as the program for frequent business travelers, immigration and relocation: resolution of complex cases, management of exceptions, management of suppliers and service partners;
- Provision of expertise by taking part in job evaluations, conducting internal and external market research (surveys, data and trends) and making compensation recommendations;
- Collaboration with the HR teams of the various business units to facilitate the application of compensation programs and to develop innovative, uniform solutions that meet their needs.
You will be a member of a dynamic team with limitless learning opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, finance or a related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years of compensation experience;
- Professional human resources designation (CHRP), an asset;
- Ability to communicate effectively at different organizational levels;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and act as a resource for less experienced colleagues.
- Expert- or advanced-level MS Excel skills to create, organize and manipulate large amounts of data in complex spreadsheets;
- Strong analytical skills combined with attention to detail and data accuracy;
- Experience with an HRIS system. Knowledge of the SuccessFactors Compensation and Variable Pay modules, an asset;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Ability to manage pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment as a function of deadlines:
- Excellent customer service skills for internal clients.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.